Thursday, May 16, 2013

Photo Diary: Tiffany & Co.'s screening of The Great Gatsby

Dress: BCBG Max Azria / Shoes: Zara / Costume jewelry: H&M / Headband: H&M / Purse: Vintage

Last night I attended Tiffany & Co.'s screening of The Great Gatsby. The evening started off with cocktails at Tiffany's where models wore the exquisite jewels seen in the film. Then it was off to the Varsity theatre to watch the film...



Ever since the I first read The Great Gatsby in the 10th grade, I became absolutely obsessed with the Roaring '20s. I was thrilled when we began to learn about the era in history class as well - and even more ecstatic when I learned we would have the opportunity to dress as flappers and gangsters for our 1920s theme day.

My 15-year-old self wanted the perfect flapper dress (not much has changed...) so my mom made me a red sequin dress with a fringe overlay by hand.

My 15-year-old flapper self

Fast forward several years later, and my mom is still helping me with my fashion choices. She chose out this beautiful BCBG Max Azria dress for the screening. Paired with Zara heels, old costume jewelry, an H&M headband from a few years back and a vintage purse, I channelled my inner Daisy Buchanan.








Seeing the jewels up close was almost surreal. Not gonna lie, I was a tiny bit envious of the models who got to wear them all night! Tough job, but someone's got to do it, right?






Overall it was a super lovely evening that my 15-year-old self would have never dreamed of having. Merci beaucoup, Tiffany & Co.!

XO,
Madelyn

PS. Follow me on Instagram! @madelynchung


No comments:

Post a Comment